When applying for admission to a university or polytechnic in Nigeria, one of the requirements is to have a good O’level result. However, not everyone is able to obtain all of their O’level results in one sitting. This is where the option of using two sittings comes in.
What is Two Sittings?
Two sittings simply means combining the results of two O’level examinations that you have taken in different years. For example, you could take your first O’level examination in 2022 and your second O’level examination in 2023. You can then combine the results of these two examinations to apply for admission to a university or polytechnic.
Which Universities/Polytechnics Accept Two Sittings?
Not all universities and polytechnics accept two sittings. However, the majority of them do. Here is a list of some of the universities and polytechnics that accept two sittings:
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Ahmadu Bello University (ABU)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Lagos State University (LASU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU)
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT)
- Rivers State University (RSU)
- Imo State University (IMSU)
- Delta State University (DELSU)
- Ekiti State University (EKSU)
- Osun State University (UNIOSUN)
- Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA)
- Federal University of Technology, Minna (FUTMINNA)
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB)
- Babcock University
- Covenant University
- Afe Babalola University (ABUAD)
- Ajayi Crowther University
- Benson Idahosa University
- Lead City University
- Madonna University
- Pan-Atlantic University
- Redeemer’s University
Almost all the Federal, State and private universities accept two sittings.
Which Courses Can I Apply for with Two Sittings?
The courses that you can apply for with two sittings vary from university to university. However, the general rule is that you can apply for any course that does not require you to have all of your O’level results in one sitting.
Some of the courses that you can apply for with two sittings include:
- Medicine and Surgery
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Mass Communication
- English Language
How to Apply for Admission with Two Sittings
The process of applying for admission with two sittings is the same as the process of applying for admission with one sitting. You will need to submit your O’level results, your JAMB score, and other required documents to the university or polytechnic of your choice.
If you have not been able to obtain all of your O’level results in one sitting, do not despair. You can still apply for admission to a university or polytechnic by using two sittings. Just make sure to check with the university or polytechnic of your choice to see if they accept two sittings and which courses you can apply for.
1. What are the benefits of using two sittings?
There are a few benefits of using two sittings to apply for admission to a university or polytechnic. First, it gives you a second chance to improve your O’level results. Second, it allows you to apply for courses that require you to have all of your O’level results in one sitting. Third, it can increase your chances of getting admitted to a university or polytechnic.
2. How can I improve my chances of getting admitted with two sittings?
There are a few things you can do to improve your chances of getting admitted with two sittings. First, make sure to get good grades in your second O’level examination. Second, try to get a high JAMB score. Third, write a strong application essay. Fourth, get good letters of recommendation.