The University of Lagos (UNILAG) offers a direct entry admission scheme to candidates who have obtained a diploma or degree from a recognized institution. This article provides a comprehensive guide on the UNILAG direct entry registration procedures.
To be eligible for UNILAG direct entry admission, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Have a diploma or degree from a recognized institution.
- Have five credit passes in O’Level subjects, including English Language and Mathematics.
- Fulfil the O’Level and direct entry requirements for the course of choice as advertised by JAMB.
The UNILAG direct entry application process is as follows:
Eligible candidates should visit the University of Lagos website www.unilag.edu.ng and follow the steps stated below:
- Click on Admissions.
- Click on Start Fresh Application.
- Click on Direct Entry (DE) Application.
- Login with JAMB registration number as username and surname in lowercase as password.
- Generate and print payment advice.
- Proceed to any commercial bank to make payment or pay online.
- Return to the Application portal on the University website.
- Click on Continue Application to complete the screening form.
- Upload your O’Level and A’Level results (First Degree, HND, OND, SDA, JUPEB, Cambridge A’Level, NCE, NFLV DIP, MUSON DIP, ABRSM, Trinity College London, Baccalaureate, DELF/DALF).
- Click on Preview to verify the correctness of data supplied.
- Click on Submit.
- Print Direct Entry e-registration slip.
- Proceed to Admissions Office (located on the 1st Floor, Room 174, Senate House, UNILAG) and submit your printed Direct Entry e-registration slip and credentials.
Registration Fee –
The deadline for the UNILAG direct entry application is from Monday, September 11 to Friday, September 22, 2023.
Candidates who are successful in the screening interview will be issued an admission letter.
Documents Required for Admission
The following documents are required for UNILAG direct entry admission:
- Admission letter.
- O’Level certificate.
- Diploma or degree certificate.
- Transcript of results.
- Two passport-sized photographs.
Payment of Acceptance Fee
All admitted candidates are required to pay an acceptance fee. The acceptance fee is usually payable within a specified period.
PLEASE NOTE THAT:
- Candidates who made University of Lagos their first choice in the 2023/2024 Direct Entry (DE) JAMB application are eligible to register. Also, candidates must possess five (5) credit passes at one sitting in relevant O’level subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
- Candidates, who will not be sixteen (16) years of age by 31st October, 2023 are not eligible and need not apply.
- Candidates should ensure that personal details (such as Name, Date of Birth, State of Origin, LGA, etc.) are consistent in all their documents/results.
- Candidates who do not participate in the online registration will not be considered for admission.
- Former students of the University whose admissions were withdrawn on the basis of poor academic performance or absence status could re-apply on condition that the new admission shall be for a new programme/course different from the former programme/course.
- Any student expelled from the University cannot be offered fresh admission.
- The University has zero tolerance for drug abuse. The University shall withdraw the admission of newly admitted students who test positive for drug use whenever the University conducts the test, either before or after registration.
Further clarification may be obtained via email: firstname.lastname@example.org and the following phone numbers: 09053006772, 08027953216, and 08141656802.
Candidates are advised to adhere strictly to the guidelines and obtain necessary clarifications.
Olakunle E. Makinde (Mrs.), MNIM
Ag. Registrar and Secretary to Council
This article has provided a comprehensive guide on the UNILAG direct entry registration procedures. For more information, please visit the university’s website.