The University of Abuja (UNIABUJA) is a public university located in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria. It was established in 1988 and currently has over 30,000 students.
To be admitted to UNIABUJA, candidates must first sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB). Those who score high enough in the UTME are then invited to participate in the UNIABUJA Post UTME screening exercise.
Eligibility Requirements for the UNIABUJA Post UTME
To be eligible to participate in the UNIABUJA Post UTME, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must have relevant O’ Level result(s) at NOT MORE THAN TWO (2) SITTINGS and scored a minimum of 180 in the 2023 UTME;
- Candidates must have made the University of Abuja their first choice or changed from other institutions to make the University of Abuja their first choice.
- Candidates for Direct Entry (D.E) Admission must upload their O’ Levels and Higher qualifications to the University portal and register for the screening exercise.
How to Apply for the UNIABUJA Post UTME
The application process for the UNIABUJA Post UTME is online. To apply, candidates must visit the UNIABUJA website and follow the instructions.
- Visit https://portal.uniabuja.edu.ng and click on “Click here to apply”;
- Click Undergraduate link on the left panel
- Enter your JAMB Registration Number and Click on “Get details”;
- Complete the basic information page (Please note: Enter only valid phone number and email address and click next;
- All candidates are required to pay the sum of two thousand naira (₦2,000) only for the screening:
- On the payment review page, click on “Generate RRR”, and this takes you to the next page;
- Click “Submit,” and you will be redirected to the Remita payment page;
- Enter credit or debit (ATM) card number and other details as appropriate and submit;
- Enter the “OTP code” sent to your phone and click continue to complete your payment;
- After successful payment, click on “Main login” on the portal, enter your Jamb registration and Surname as password;
- Click on “Login to dashboard” and complete your registration;
- Ensure that you print the completed registration form and payment receipt.
Note: All candidates must upload their O-level results to the JAMB portal; otherwise, they will not be considered for admission.
The UNIABUJA Post UTME Results
The results of the UNIABUJA Post UTME examination are released online. Candidates can check their results using their JAMB Registration Number and password.
Admission into UNIABUJA
Admission into UNIABUJA is based on the candidate’s performance in the UTME and Post UTME examinations. The candidates with the highest scores are admitted first.
Direct Entry (DE) Admission into UNIABUJA
In addition to the regular admission process, UNIABUJA also offers Direct Entry (DE) admission to candidates who have already obtained the required qualifications.
The DE qualifications for different programs vary. Candidates can find more information about DE admission on the UNIABUJA website.