The Rivers State University (RSUST) Pre-Degree Programme is a one-year bridging programme designed to prepare students for admission into the university’s undergraduate degree programmes. The programme is offered in the following areas:
- College of Medical Sciences
- Medicine and Surgery
- Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
- Human Anatomy
- Human Physiology
- Medicine and Surgery
- Nursing Science
- Faculty of Engineering
- Agricultural and Environmental Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petrochemical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Faculty of Science
- Animal and Environmental
- Computer Science
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Plant Science
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Agricultural and Applied Economics
- Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
- Animal Science
- Crop/Soil Science
- Fisheries and Aquatic Environment
- Food Science and Technology
- Forestry and Environment
- Home Science and Management
- Faculty of Environmental Science
- Environmental Management
- Estate Management
- Quantity Surveying
- Surveying and Geometrics
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Faculty of Technical & Science Education
- Science Education,
- Vocational and Technical Education
To be eligible for admission into the RSUST Pre-Degree Programme, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants for admission into the Pre-degree Programme are expected to have a minimum of five ‘O’ Level Credits at one or two sittings in English Language, Mathematics, and three other relevant Science subjects in SSCE/GCE organized by WAEC and NECO or any other equivalent certificates.
- Applicants for Basic Medicine are expected to have the required five ‘O’ Level Credits in one sitting.
- Accepted candidates must enrol and write the 2023/2024 JAMB/UTME with relevant subjects’ combination to any programme.
The application process for the RSUST Pre-Degree Programme is as follows:
- Candidates must visit the Rivers State University website, www.rsu.edu.ng, and follow the 2023/2024 Pre-degree Programme Application link.
- Application Form is to be completed online (with the candidate’s phone number) after payment of the application fee of ₦15,000 (Fifteen Thousand Naira) only.
- Applicants must bring their SSCE/GCE/NECO certificates/result slips during clearance and registration.
The closing date for application is Friday, 29th December, 2023.
Applicants should come with the following documents immediately after completing the online application: photocopy of the application form download, O level Result, Age declaration, Two (2) passport size photographs, LGA Identification, and JAMB Reg. No. for Clearance and Registration commences at the Pre-degree Programme Office, RSU, Port Harcourt.
The RSUST Pre-Degree Programme is a great opportunity for students who want to improve their chances of gaining admission into the university’s undergraduate degree programmes. The programme is well-structured and offers students the necessary academic foundation to succeed in their studies. If you are interested in applying for the programme, please visit the RSUST website for more information.