The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) is a one-year compulsory national service program for all graduates of tertiary institutions in Nigeria. During the service year, corps members are deployed to different parts of the country to contribute to national development.
One of the requirements for NYSC registration is the provision of accurate information about your date of birth and course of study. However, there may be cases where you need to change these details. For example, you may have made a mistake when filling out your application form, or your date of birth or course of study may have changed after you graduated.
In this article, we will explain how to apply for a change of date of birth and course of study with NYSC.
What You Need to Know
Before you apply for a change of date of birth or course of study, there are a few things you need to know:
- You can only apply for a change of date of birth or course of study during the online registration period.
- You will need to provide proof of the correct information, such as your WAEC certificate or transcript.
- The decision to approve or deny your application is at the discretion of NYSC.
- The NYSC change of date of birth is free.
- The NYSC Change of Department is free.
How to Apply NYSC Change of Date of Birth
To apply for a change of date of birth, you will need to follow these steps:
- Open your Phone browser.
Launch the Google Chrome or Safari browser on your smartphone or PC
- Visit the NYSC online login portal. Enter https://portal.nysc.org.ng/nysc1/ on your internet browser
- Click on Login Here. Select the green button for Login here
- Enter your NYSC email address and password. Login to your NYSC portal
- Click on Resume to access the NYSC portal. Select the green button with the Resume text to enter your NYSC portal dashboard
- Select Correction of Date of Birth on your NYSC portal dashboard. Scroll down to find the correction of the date of birth
- Enter your WAEC verification pin
- Select your examination year and type
- Enter your WAEC examination year
- Click on the Verify button and submit your application for a change of birth
How to Apply for NYSC Change of Course of Study
To apply for a change of course of study, you will need to follow these steps:
- Open your phone browser
- Visit the NYSC online portal
- Click on the Login Here button
- Enter your name and password
- Click on Resume to log in to the NYSC portal dashboard
- Scroll down on your phone
- Select the link for Correction of Course of Study
- Select your correct Course of Study
- Click the submit button
The processing time for a change of date of birth or course of study is usually within 2 weeks. However, it may take longer if NYSC needs to verify your documents.
NYSC Age Requirement
The NYSC age requirement for prospective youth service corpers is thirty (30) years. Prospective corp members cannot register for the National Youth Service Corps if they are above thirty (30) years.
Graduates above thirty (30) years would get the NYSC exemption certificate.
There is no disadvantage to getting the NYSC exemption certificate letter.
NYSC uses the date of birth on your JAMB and WAEC certificates for mobilization for the youth service orientation camp.
The only way to reduce your age for NYSC is to change your date of birth on the JAMB portal through regularization. You would also have to update your age with your school senate committee.
If you need to change your date of birth or course of study for NYSC, you can follow the steps outlined in this article. Please note that the information in this article is accurate as of the time of writing. However, NYSC may change its policies at any time, so it is always best to check with the NYSC website for the latest information.
1. Can I change my date of birth after I have been mobilized for NYSC?
No, you cannot change your date of birth after you have been mobilized for NYSC. However, you can apply for a change of date of birth before you are mobilized.
2. What if I do not have the required proof of documentation?
If you do not have the required proof of documentation, you may be able to apply for a waiver. However, the decision to grant a waiver is at the discretion of NYSC.
3. What if my application is denied?
If your application is denied, you will not be able to change your date of birth or course of study. You will need to reapply for NYSC with the correct information.
4. How much does it cost to change my date of birth or course of study?
The processing fee for changing your date of birth or course of study is free.
5. Can I reduce my age for NYSC?
Yes, you can reduce your age for NYSC by changing your date of birth on the JAMB portal through JAMB regularization.
6. Where can I find more information about changing my date of birth or course of study for NYSC?
You can find more information about changing your date of birth or course of study for NYSC on the NYSC website: https://portal.nysc.org.ng/