The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) is a scheme set up by the Nigerian government to involve Nigerian graduates in nation-building and the development of the country. The NYSC call-up letter is a document that is issued to prospective corps members and contains important information about their service, such as their state of posting, camp address, and reporting date.
In the past, prospective corps members had to visit their institution or an NYSC office to check and print their call-up letters. However, now, prospective corps members can check and print their call-up letters with their phones using the NYSC portal.
NYSC Call-up Letter
NYSC call up number is a six (6) digit unique serial number assigned to every corp member. The number is like your matriculation number in school.
For example, a student of the University of Nigeria going for youth service will have NYSC/UNN/20230/345987 as an NYSC Call Up Number.
This number you would use for all your registration and throughout your service.
The NYSC call number consists of three (3) letters from your school, year of service, and six (6) digit serial numbers.
You will not get your NYSC Call Up Number immediately after your registration on the online portal but a few days before you go to the orientation camp.
How to Print NYSC Call Up Letter With Phone
- Go to the NYSC portal. You can do this by visiting https://portal.nysc.org.ng/nysc1/ on your phone’s web browser.
- Click on the “Login Here” icon.
- Enter your registered email address and password.
- Click on the “Resume” button to login to your account.
- Once you login to your dashboard, click on the “Print Call Up Letter” link.
- Your call-up letter will be displayed on your phone’s screen.
- To print your call-up letter, click on the “Print” button.
Tips for Printing NYSC Call Up Letter
- Make sure that your phone has a sufficient amount of battery life before you start printing your call-up letter.
- Make sure that your phone is connected to a stable internet connection.
- If you are printing your call-up letter at home, make sure that your printer is connected to your phone and that it has enough ink and paper.
- If you are printing your call-up letter at a public printing center, make sure to carry a copy of your call-up letter in case there is a problem with the printer.
If you are having problems checking or printing your NYSC call-up letter, you can try the following:
- Make sure that you are entering the correct email address and password.
- Try clearing your phone’s cache and cookies.
- Try using a different web browser.
- Try restarting your phone.
- If you are still having problems, you can contact NYSC customer support for assistance.
Checking and printing your NYSC call-up letter with your phone is a quick and easy process. By following the steps above, you can check and print your call-up letter from anywhere in the world.
Q: When can I check and print my NYSC call-up letter?
A: You can check and print your NYSC call-up letter once it has been released by the NYSC. The NYSC usually releases call-up letters two weeks before the start of each orientation camp.
Q: How much is NYSC call up letter fee?
A: Only prospective corps members who want their call-up numbers sent to them through SMS and wish to PRINT their call-up letters on-line are expected to pay the sum of Three Thousand Naira (N3,000.00)
Q: What if I don’t have a printer?
A: If you don’t have a printer, you can print your NYSC call-up letter at a public printing center.
Q: What if I have problems checking or printing my NYSC call-up letter?
A: If you are having problems checking or printing your NYSC call-up letter, you can contact NYSC customer support for assistance.
Q: What is my NYSC call-up number?
A: Your NYSC call-up number is a unique number that is assigned to you when you register for the NYSC. Your call-up number is printed on your call-up letter.