The NNPC/SPDC/Total Energies/NAOC Joint Venture is a consortium of oil and gas companies that operate in Nigeria. The JV offers a scholarship program to students who are studying in Nigerian universities. The scholarship covers tuition fees and living expenses.
This merit-based scholarship is in two categories- the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award.
- National Merit Award (NM)
- Open to all Nigerians.
AREAS OF OPERATION MERIT AWARD
Open to Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational ars in Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and River state.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Must be registered FULL-TIME undergraduates in an accredited and approved University in Nigeria.
- Must be in 200 Level or possess proof of admission into the Undergraduate programme in the 2021/2022 academic session.
- Must not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship from an entity operating in the Oil and Gas Industry, National or international.
The application process for the scholarship is as follows:
- All applicants should have a personal, valid email account.
- All applications must be processed online via and phone number (for consistent communication) https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/NNPCSPDCV2023
- Applicants for the Operational Area Awards are required to provide scanned copies of letters of identification (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development
- Committee or Community Executive Council (CDC or CEC)
The letters should be addressed to: The Manager, Social Performance, The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), Shall Industrial Area, Port Harcourt, Rivers-State.
The scholarship committee will select the winners based on the following criteria:
- Academic performance
- Financial need
- Community involvement
- Personal statement
Benefits of the Scholarship
The scholarship covers the following benefits:
- Tuition fees
- Living expenses
P/S: Each document must not exceed 200KB, and the image format must be JPEG
- SPDC and its Joint Venture partners DOES NOT DEMAND PAYMENT FROM APPLICANTS. The application is entirely FREE of charge.
- SPOC and its Joint Venture partners DOES NOT ASSIGN “Representatives/Agents to assist applicants’ process applications
- Applications open on the 26th of July 2023 and close on the 23rd of August 2023.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the proctored computer-based test.
- Only successful candidates from each selection stage will be contacted. Applications must be processed ONLY through the Shell Nigeria website.
The NPC/SPDC/Total Energies/NAOC Scholarship is a great opportunity for Nigerian students who are studying in STEM-related fields. The scholarship covers tuition fees, and living expenses, which can help students focus on their studies and achieve their academic goals. If you are a Nigerian student who is interested in applying for the scholarship, please visit the scholarship website and create an account.