The Federal University Gashua (FUGASHUA) is a public university located in Gashua, Yobe State, Nigeria. It was established in 2005 and currently offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in a variety of fields.
In order to be admitted to FUGASHUA, candidates must first take the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). Those who score high enough on the UTME will be eligible to apply for the Post UTME/Direct Entry (DE) screening exercise.
The Post UTME/DE screening exercise is a way for FUGASHUA to assess the academic qualifications of candidates and to determine their suitability for admission. The exercise consists of a written examination and an oral interview.
To be eligible to apply for the FUGASHUA Post UTME/DE screening exercise, candidates must meet the following requirements:
UTME candidates who have scored 140 and above; and Direct Entry candidates who have chosen Federal University Gashua as their First Choice with Distinction, Credit or merit in NCE, IJMB (6 points & above), Upper Credit in National Diploma (ND), HND lower credit and above are eligible for the online screening.
The application process for the FUGASHUA Post UTME/DE screening exercise is as follows:
Candidates should visit the Federal University, Gashua website: https://fugashua.edu.ng (portal link) and register for the online screening exercise. Candidates are to pay the sum of Two Thousand Naira (₦2,000) for registration. The portal will be opened on 10th September 2023 and close on 11th October 2023.
To register, Candidates should proceed as follows;
- Click on register to create an account.
- Fill out the opened form to create UTME/DE screening accounts.
- JAMB number
- first name
- Choose entry mode (UTME/DE)
- Email Address (Username)
- Password must contain Upper case and numbers.
- Click register account
- A confirmation link will be sent to your email. Click the confirm email button to redirect you to the payment page.
- Payment options:
- Click Pay Icon
- Print the invoice (RRR invoice) and make your payment.
- ATM Payment Option:
- Click Pay icon
- Select Card type (Master card, Verve card, etc.)
- Enter your phone number (that you receive alerts with)
- Upon confirmation, Click Proceed.
- On unified payment- Enter card details and click OK.
- An authentication SMS will be sent to your phone.
- Enter the OTP number received and click submit.
- After making the payment, log in to the site with your username (email address/ JAMB number) and password.
- Continue with your registration.
- First, you will be redirected to the course selection page, where you will be required to provide the following:
- UTME first choice
- UTME second choice
- UTME subject combination
- UTME score.
- Next, you will be redirected to a biodata form. Ensure to fill all the required fields, upload a recent passport photograph, save and click next.
- Here, you must provide Five (5) relevant O-level credits, including Mathematics and English, at at least two sittings. You can always go back to update your O’ level results if your mark is being awaited.
- In the next step, you must provide details of previous institutions attended with qualifications obtained. DE students should ensure to give the grades obtained from any post-secondary school attended.
- Next, you will be redirected to the documents upload page, where you will upload scanned copies of your certificates and results.
- Click submit and confirm submission.
- The message “Application Submitted Successfully, It Cannot Be Altered. Thanks” will be displayed upon completion.
Examination Date and Venue
The date and venue of the FUGASHUA Post UTME/DE screening exercise will be announced on the FUGASHUA website. Candidates will be required to bring their original O’level certificates and a valid means of identification to the examination venue.
Note: You will be invited for a physical screening or aptitude test in the future.