The Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) is a federal government agency established by law to regulate and control the practice of engineering in Nigeria. COREN registration is mandatory for all engineers who want to practice engineering in Nigeria.
COREN Membership Requirements
To be eligible for COREN registration, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a graduate of an engineering program accredited by COREN.
- You must have a minimum of four years of post-qualification engineering experience.
- You must pass the COREN Professional Examination.
- You must have a clean criminal record.
Procedure for COREN Registration
The application process for COREN registration is as follows:
- Create an account on the COREN website.
- Complete the online application form.
- Upload your scanned copies of your academic transcripts, NYSC certificate, and other supporting documents.
- Pay the COREN registration fee.
- Sit for the COREN Professional Examination.
- Wait for the results of the COREN Professional Examination.
- If you pass the COREN Professional Examination, you will be issued a COREN registration certificate.
COREN Professional Examination
The COREN Professional Examination is a two-part examination that tests your knowledge of engineering principles and your ability to apply those principles to real-world engineering problems. The first part of the examination is a written examination, and the second part is an oral examination.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
COREN requires all registered engineers to engage in Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities in order to maintain their registration. CPD activities can include attending conferences, taking courses, or publishing papers.
Benefits of COREN Registration
There are many benefits to being a COREN registered engineer. These benefits include:
- The ability to practice engineering in Nigeria.
- The ability to sign engineering drawings and certificates.
- The ability to work on government projects.
- The ability to get insurance for your engineering practice.
- The ability to join the Nigeria Society of Engineers (NSE).
COREN registration is an important step for any engineer who wants to practice engineering in Nigeria. The benefits of COREN registration far outweigh the costs, and the application process is relatively straightforward. If you are an engineer, I encourage you to take the steps necessary to become a COREN registered engineer.
1. What is the difference between COREN and NSE?
COREN is a federal government agency, while NSE is a non-governmental organization. COREN is responsible for regulating and controlling the practice of engineering in Nigeria, while NSE is an umbrella organization for engineers in Nigeria.
2. What are the fees for COREN registration?
The fees for COREN registration vary depending on your level of education and experience. For more information, please visit the COREN website.
|Registration for the exam||₦20,550|
|Cost of registering as a COREN Member||₦51,300|
|Cost of COREN Induction||₦53000|
3. How long does it take to get COREN registration?
The processing time for COREN registration can vary depending on the number of applications that COREN is currently processing. However, it typically takes a few months to get COREN registration.
4. What are the benefits of becoming a COREN registered engineer?
The benefits of becoming a COREN registered engineer include the ability to practice engineering in Nigeria, the ability to sign engineering drawings and certificates, the ability to work on government projects, the ability to get insurance for your engineering practice, and the ability to join the Nigeria Society of Engineers (NSE).
5. Where can I find more information about COREN registration?
You can find more information about COREN registration on the COREN website: http://www.portal.coren.gov.ng/