An air hostess, also known as a flight attendant, is a member of the cabin crew responsible for the safety and comfort of passengers on an aircraft. Air hostesses provide a variety of services, including:
- Greeting passengers and helping them to board and deplane the aircraft
- Checking tickets and passports
- Directing passengers to their seats
- Providing food and drinks
- Answering passenger questions and concerns
- Handling emergencies
Duties and Responsibilities of an Air Hostess
The specific duties and responsibilities of an air hostess vary depending on the airline and the type of aircraft, but they generally include:
- Maintaining a safe and orderly cabin environment
- Providing first aid and other medical assistance to passengers in need
- Enforcing safety regulations and procedures
- Serving food and drinks to passengers
- Answering passenger questions and concerns
Requirements to Become an Air Hostess in Nigeria
To become an air hostess in Nigeria, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Be fluent in English
- Be in good physical and mental health
- Be able to pass a background check
How to Apply for an Air Hostess Job in Nigeria
To apply for an air hostess job in Nigeria, you can search for openings online or contact airlines directly. When applying, be sure to include a resume and cover letter. Your resume should highlight your skills and experience, and your cover letter should explain why you are interested in becoming an air hostess
Where to Find Air Hostess Jobs in Nigeria
You can find air hostess jobs in Nigeria by searching online job boards, contacting airlines directly, or attending job fairs. Some of the most popular airlines in Nigeria that hire air hostesses include:
- Arik Air
- Air Peace
- Dana Air
- Overland Airways
- Aero Contractors
Tips for Writing a Strong Air Hostess Resume
When writing your air hostess resume, be sure to highlight the following:
- Your customer service skills
- Your ability to work under pressure
- Your language skills
- Your ability to work as part of a team
- Your experience in dealing with emergencies
Tips for Acing the Air Hostess Interview
When preparing for your air hostess interview, be sure to:
- Research the airline you are interviewing with
- Practice answering common air hostess interview questions
- Dress professionally
- Arrive on time for your interview
Air Hostess Training in Nigeria
Once you have been accepted for an air hostess job, you will need to complete training. The training will cover a variety of topics, including safety procedures, first aid, and customer service.
Salary and Benefits of an Air Hostess in Nigeria
The salary and benefits of an air hostess in Nigeria vary depending on the airline. However, most air hostesses receive a competitive salary and benefits package. Some of the benefits that air hostesses may receive include:
- Free or discounted flights for themselves and their families
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement savings plans
- Paid vacation and sick leave
Career Advancement Opportunities for Air Hostesses
With experience, air hostesses can advance to more senior positions, such as cabin crew supervisor or purser. They may also be eligible to train other new air hostesses.
Frequently Asked Questions About Becoming an Air Hostess in Nigeria
What are the age requirements to become an air hostess in Nigeria?
The minimum age requirement to become an air hostess in Nigeria is 18 years old.
What are the educational requirements to become an air hostess in Nigeria?
The minimum educational requirement to become an air hostess in Nigeria is a high school diploma or equivalent. However, some airlines may prefer to hire candidates with a college degree.
What are the physical requirements to become an air hostess in Nigeria?
Air hostesses must be in good physical and mental health. They must also be able to reach a certain height requirement, which varies depending on the airline.
What are the language requirements to become an air hostess in Nigeria?
Air hostesses must be fluent in English. Some airlines may also require candidates to be fluent in a second language, such as Spanish or French.
What are the background check requirements to become an air hostess in Nigeria?
Air hostesses must pass a background check. This check will include a criminal record check and a credit check.
Becoming an air hostess is a challenging but rewarding career path. Air hostesses have the opportunity to travel the world and meet people from all walks of life. They also play an important role in ensuring the safety and comfort of passengers on aircraft.