Bolt is a ride-hailing company that operates in over 40 countries, including Nigeria. If you are looking for a flexible and lucrative way to make money, becoming a Bolt driver can be a great option.
In this article, we will walk you through the steps on how to become a Bolt driver in Nigeria. We will cover the requirements, the application process, and the earnings potential.
Bolt Driver Registration Requirements
To become a Bolt driver in Nigeria, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have a clean criminal record
- Own a car that is in good condition and meets Bolt’s safety standards
- Have a smartphone with a data plan
- Be able to speak and understand English
Cars Accepted by Bolt Nigeria
Here is the list of cars accepted by Bolt in Nigeria;
- 2006 Toyota Corolla
- 2007 Honda Civic2004 Toyota Corolla
- 2004 Toyota Camry
- 2009 Honda Civic
- Honda City
- 2006 Toyota Matrix
- 2007 Hyundai Sonata
- 2009 Toyota Yaris
- 2004 Toyota Camry
- 2005 Kia Sorento
Bolt driver registration Process
To apply to become a Bolt driver, you can follow these steps:
- You must first download the Bolt Google Play or App Store
- Fill out the application form and upload the required documents.
- Attend a driver’s training session.
- Pass a background check.
- Once you have completed the application process, you will be activated as a Bolt driver
Bolt Vehicle Inspection
You must first get your vehicle examined by a Bolt-approved inspection bureau.
- Submit your driver’s licence, insurance certificate, and any other documents necessary by the platform.
- Proceed by clicking on the button.
When you receive the email invitation, you must go to the local station to confirm your registration and attend training/inspection.
Following the completion of the registration and onboarding process, it may take one to 72 hours until you are formally qualified as a bolt driver.
The earnings potential for Bolt drivers in Nigeria varies depending on the city, the time of day, and the demand for rides. However, drivers can typically earn between ₦150,000 and ₦300,000 per month.
Your earnings will also depend on the number of rides you give and the tips you receive.
How to Become a Bolt Driver in Nigeria Without Car
Even if you don’t own a car, you can become a Bolt driver in Nigeria. Bolt recognizes that owning a car may be costly. As a result, Bolt allows ambitious drivers to lease automobiles and payback in monthly instalments.
You may buy a new or used automobile. The payment options are both convenient and adaptable.
You just need to pay 15% of the total price of the vehicle upfront. After that, you must pay a minimum of ₦40,000 each month for two to three years to cover the cost.
Other advantages come with borrowing automobiles. Bolt also provides automobile tracking insurance and maintenance. However, the fees for these would be included in your overall amount.
Though the automobile will be registered under Bolt, you are free to use it as you see fit as long as you do not injure it and fulfil the due date for the instalment payment.
Benefits of Becoming a Bolt Driver
There are many benefits to becoming a Bolt driver in Nigeria. These include:
- Flexible hours: You can set your own hours and work as much or as little as you want.
- Good earning potential: As mentioned above, drivers can earn a good income from driving for Bolt.
- Convenient: You can use your own car and drive in your own city.
- Reliable: Bolt is a well-known and trusted company.
How to Be a Successful Bolt Driver
If you want to be a successful Bolt driver, there are a few things you can do:
- Be friendly and professional: Treat your passengers with respect and make sure they have a good experience.
- Be punctual: Always arrive on time for your pickups.
- Be reliable: Cancel rides only for legitimate reasons.
- Maintain your car: Keep your car clean and in good condition.
- Be familiar with the city: Know the best routes and avoid traffic jams.
Becoming a Bolt driver can be a great way to make money and have flexible hours. If you are interested in becoming a Bolt driver, I recommend following the steps outlined in this article.
How long does it take to become a Bolt driver?
The application process can take a few weeks. Once you have submitted your application, you will need to attend a driver’s training session and pass a background check.
What are the benefits of becoming a Bolt driver?
The benefits of becoming a Bolt driver include flexible hours, good earning potential, convenient work, and reliable company.
How much can I earn as a Bolt driver?
The amount you can earn as a Bolt driver varies depending on the city, the time of day, and the demand for rides. However, drivers can typically earn between ₦150,000 and ₦300,000 per month.
What are the requirements to become a Bolt driver?
The requirements to become a Bolt driver in Nigeria include being at least 21 years old, having a valid driver’s license, having a clean criminal record, owning a car that is in good condition and meets Bolt’s safety standards, having a smartphone with a data plan, and being able to speak and understand English.
Where can I find more information about becoming a Bolt driver?
You can find more information about becoming a Bolt driver on the Bolt website or app. You can also contact Bolt customer support for more information.