The Akwa Ibom State College of Nursing Sciences (AKSCONS) is a public tertiary institution located in Uyo, the capital of Akwa Ibom State. The college offers a variety of nursing programs, including the Basic Midwifery Programme.
To be eligible for admission into the Basic Midwifery Programme at AKSCONS, candidates must:
- Three (3) recent Colour passport photographs
- Original and two photocopies of each of the following:
- Educational Certificates FSLC, WASSCE, GCE, OR NECO.
- Birth Certificate or Age Declaration
- Certificate of Local Government of Origin
- Change of name (if applicable)
- Age (16 years and above)
Registration will only take place at the College of Nursing Sciences, Ikot Ekpene.
- Registration Fee:
- Indigenes – ₦5,000
- Non-Indigenes – ₦7,000
- Processing Fee – ₦8,000
- Nursing and Midwifery Committee – ₦500
- Customized file – ₦500
- Indigenes – ₦14,000
- Non-Indigenes – ₦17,000
The application deadline for the Basic Midwifery Programme at AKSCONS is 15th September, 2023.
Venue: Aka Community Secondary School – Aka Offot, Uyo
Candidates who meet the admission requirements will be shortlisted and invited for an interview. The interview will be held on 20th September, 2023
The Basic Midwifery Programme at AKSCONS is a great opportunity for those who want to become midwives. The program offers a rigorous curriculum that prepares students for a successful career in midwifery.